Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
There's more than just cheese in these grilled cheese sandwiches. The bread is spread with freshly-made basil and sun-dried tomato pesto before the cheese slices are piled on.
Save on Pinterest
- Place the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, garlic, pepper and salt in a food processor or chopper.
- Pour in the lemon juice and olive oil. Process as finely or as coarsely as you like. Taste, add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide the mixture into two portions and spread each portion on a slice of bread.
- Arrange the cheese slices on top of the sun-dried tomato and basil pesto and cover with another slice of bread.
- Grill (toast, actually) on a skillet. No need to add oil, seriously. If you want to make the sandwiches to be really compact (i.e., make the cheese really stick to the bread), place something heavy like a plate on top of the sandwiches to weigh them down. Two minutes on each side over medium heat should be enough time to toast the bread and melt the cheese.
- You can serve the sandwiches whole or you can halve them. You can serve them by themselves or with a soup.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!