Grilled Cheese and Pesto Sandwiches
There’s nothing but cheese slices and homemade pesto between the slices of bread, but these sandwiches are amazing! If you think you can’t spread enough pesto on the bread, go ahead and dip the sandwiches in more pesto.
- 4 slices bread any kind sides trimmed or not
- 4 to 8 slices cheese any kind, but the soft cheeses that melt well like mozzarella and Monterey Jack are idead
- 2 tablespoons pesto you may want more
- 2 tablespoons butter you may need more
- Start heating the skillet or wide frying pan.
- Spread a tablespoonful of pesto on each of two slices of bread.
- Pile cheese slices on top.
- Cover with the remaining slices of bread.
- Melt a tablespoonful of butter in the hot skillet and spread.
- Grill the sandwiches until browned. Flip. Add the remaining tablespoonful of butter and grill until the opposite side is browned.
- Serve the sandwiches at once — while the cheese is soft and gooey.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.