Grilled Cheese and Olives Sandwich
A fast, easy and tasty breakfast or snack. Sun-dried tomatoes in oil, pitted black olives, mozzarella and parsley are arranged between bread slices. The sandwiches are pan-grilled until the cheese melts and the flavors meld.
- 12 slices loaf bread
- 250 grams mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted black olives drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut off the crusts of the bread slices on all four sides (optional step).
- Grate the cheese or cut into tiny pieces.
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes olives and parsley.
- In a bowl, toss the mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and parsley with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cheese mixture into six portions. Spread one portion on a slice of bread. Use the remaining bread slices to cover the filling.
- Grill the sandwiches on both sides in a hot skillet (or stovetop grill) until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Cut each sandwich in half (optional). Serve immediately.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.