Green Onion and Feta Muffins
If you’re the kind of person who takes coffee first thing in the morning then showers before having breakfast, here’s a treat. Whip up the batter for onion and feta savory muffins while brewing your coffee, pop the muffins into the oven, take a shower and, by the time you’re dressed for the day, you’ll have delicious, hot, oven-fresh muffins. The onion leaves and chopped white onion add a delicate sweetness to these muffins that balances the briny taste of the feta cheese. Delicious!
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion leaves
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup crumbled feta crumble before measuring
- ½ cup cream
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line seven holes of a muffin pan with paper cups.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the chopped onion and onion leaves. Cook gently until softened, about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the flour, crumbled feta cheese, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and cream together.
- Take the onion mixture off the pan, and quickly stir into the flour mixture. Pour in the egg and cream mixture, fold just until the batter comes together.
- Pour into the prepared muffin pan. Bake at 375F for about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for about five minutes then transfer to a rack (just enough time for you to give the kitchen a final clean-up).
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.