Egg and Ham Bake
Pressed for time to make breakfast? Make this egg and ham bake with cheese and greens for several people all at once. No need to fry or poach eggs one by one.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Smear the bottom and sides of four ramekins with the softened butter.
- Crack two eggs directly into each ramekin.
- Sprinkle the eggs with a bit of pepper and salt. Not too much because the ham and cheese are both salty.
- Scatter the ham, greens and cheese around the eggs.
- Drizzle the cream over the greens.
- Sprinkle the fried shallots on top.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes for runny yolks; longer if you want the yolks to be firm.
- Drizzle with Sriracha or ketchup before serving.
You may also use bacon instead of ham but you will have to cook the bacon before putting them in the ramekins with the eggs. Baking time is short — a mere 10 minutes — and bacon won’t get cooked through in such a short time.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.