Easy Pork Tacos
We make a lot of bone broth at home. If the soup bones come with a heft amount of meat, we save the meat before discarding the bones. In this recipe, meat salvaged from soup bones was shredded and fried with spices until browned and crisp to make the filling for these easy pork tacos.
- 2 to 3 cups shredded meat mine is pork; you can use meat from beef or chicken bones as well
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 bird’s eye chili finely chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 six-inch flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- 1 small cucumber julienned
- fried shallots
Save on Pinterest
- Inspect the shredded meat to make sure that there are no small pieces of bones in them.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Saute the garlic, ginger and chili just until fragrant.
- Add the shredded pork meat to the pan. Add the sugar, and enough salt and pepper to balance the flavors.
- Over high heat and with occasional stirring, cook the pork until light browned and crisp.
- Warm the tortillas in a clean oil-free pan (sprinkle with a little water, if you like, to rehydrate the tortillas) and assemble the tacos.
- Spread shredded lettuce on each tortilla, top with the browned pork, add some julienned cucumber then top with crisp onion slices and cilantro.
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!