Bacon and Cheese Egg Salad Sandwiches
Egg salad sandwich filling made with chopped boiled eggs, crispy bacon, cream cheese, cheddar, Parmesan, Japanese mayo and scallions. Great for picnic, Sunday brunch or weekday lunchbox.No salt. Seriously. The bacon and cheeses have enough salt to flavor the egg salad. If you’re the kind of person who thinks that a pinch or two of salt makes everything better, I urge you to taste the mixed egg salad first before throwing in salt. You’ll be surprised how well balanced the flavors already are and just how unnecessary adding salt is.
- 100 grams belly bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup Japanese mayo
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- bread preferably toasted
- Cook the bacon (fry, grill or bake) until browned and crisp. Crumble and set aside.
- While the bacon is browning, cook the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Shell and roughly chop the eggs and dump into a mixing bowl.
- Add the crumbled bacon and cream cheese.
- Add the mayo, scallions, cheddar and Parmesan.
- Mix everything together until blended.
- Take your bread, pile on the egg salad and have a lovely breakfast. Or lunch. Or midnight snack.
If you want to make the sandwich filling in bulk, store in a container with a tight lid and keep in the fridge. It will stay good for about two days.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.