Avocado, Cucumber and Blueberry Smoothie
We all deal with hot weather differently. For my part, the answer is smoothies and light meals. A huge mug of thick smoothie an hour or two after my morning coffee seems to agree with my body tremendously.In this recipe, I combined avocado, cucumber and blueberry. It might sound like a strange combination but, trust me, it’s good. All the ingredients contain enough sweetness to make the addition of sugar or other sweetener unnecessary. The avocado makes the smoothie ultra creamy, the cucumber lightens the texture of the avocado and the blueberries add a tang that cuts through the sweetness.For best results, chill the avocado, cucumber and blueberries overnight so they’re nice and cold by the time you make the smoothie in the morning.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ to ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the avocado and discard the stone. Scoop out the flesh and cut into pieces.
- Peel the cucumber, then scrape and discard the seeds. Cut the flesh into pieces.
- Dump the avocado and cucumber into the pitcher of the blender. Pour in the milk. Process until smooth.
- Add the blueberries and about four ice cubes. Process again until smooth.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.