Parmesan Garlic Bread Sticks
Use a tried and tested basic bread recipe for the dough, roll it thinly, smother with Parmesan and dried garlic chips, and bake. Parmesan garlic bread sticks are aromatic and tasty, and perfect with coffee.The following recipe assumes that you have already prepared the basic bread dough.
- 1 basic bread recipe
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons dried garlic chips (see notes after the recipe)
- Take the prepared dough and roll (on a sheet of baking paper) into a rectangle about an eighth of an inch thick. The dimension of the rolled dough should be what will fit snugly in your baking tray.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan and dried garlic chips on the entire surface of the dough. Pat gently to lightly press the cheese and garlic into the dough.
- Cut the dough into halves lengthwise then cut each half into strips about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Use a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Holding one edge of the baking paper, slide the dough onto the baking tray.
- Let the dough rise until doubled, about ten minutes.
- While the dough rises, preheat the oven to 375F.
- Bake at 375F for about 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve the Parmesan garlic bread sticks while hot.
Will minced fresh garlic work in place of dried? Yes. Can some other cheese be used. Yes, but I recommended a hard variety. Soft cheeses contain too much moisture and the bread stick might bend after baking.
Asian food lover?Visit Devour.Asia for travel stories, food tales and recipes!
If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words.